I sub many of the ingredients in this quinoa with whatever I have on hand usually. I am diligent to use organic ingredients as much as possible, especially during the cleansing period. This is a very easy meal. After everything is chopped, the cook time is only 15-20 mins.
- 3 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1.5 cups celery, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, cut in pieces
- Salt, pepper, and turmeric to taste
- 1 box of baby bella mushrooms (crimini), cut in pieces
- 4 cups fresh spinach (or 2 cups frozen), chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomato (or equivalent), cut in half
- 3 cups of water or vegetable broth
In a large saucepan, sauté the celery, onion, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, ginger, and spices in avocado or olive oil. I like to sauté the garlic, ginger, onion and celery for a min, then add the mushrooms for a min, then the spinach. Next, add the pine nuts for a min. Then add the chopped tomato for a min. Pour in the 3 cups of water or broth and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the desired doneness is reached.