Herbal Medicine Pharmacy in Tucson
Herbal medicine is a central modality within Asian Medicine. Herbs consist of plant, animal, and mineral products that are combined into intricate formulas to promote health and recovery from illness or injury. Herbal medicine is an important adjunct to acupuncture, and the two modalities work synergistically together.
There are tens of thousands of herbs in the Asian pharmacopeia, which allows for unique ingredient combinations to treat an individual’s condition. It is generally safe to combine herbal medicine with your existing dietary supplements and medications (with a few exceptions).
We stock a variety of herbal products in our pharmacy!
Customized formulas are prescribed based on individual needs and Chinese medical diagnosis.
We source only from companies that test the herbs with the highest standards of purity, potency, and sustainability.
- Raw Herbs: We stock a variety of dried herbs that are combined into customized formulas. Raw herbs are closest to their natural form: roots, stems, bark, flowers, fruit, leaves, etc. The herbs are “decocted” into a tea at home in a process of boiling and straining, providing the most rapid metabolism and highest bioavailability in the body.
- Concentrated granule extracts: Herbal granule extracts are also customized for the patient. They are easy to use, dissolving quickly in hot water. They are also consumed as a liquid medicinal tea providing quick absorption.
- Concentrated powder extracts: We combine individual ingredients into customized formulas. These powder extracts dissolve in hot water and are consumed as a liquid medicinal tea.
- Herbal tablets and capsules: Tablets or capsules are convenient and familiar to most American patients. These are most useful for common, uncomplicated conditions.
- Tinctures: These are concentrated liquid herbal extractions. Tinctures are particularly handy for pediatric patients, who may not be able to swallow a tablet or capsule, and who will typically not want to drink a medicinal tea.
- Topical liniments and medicated oils: These are useful to relieve a variety of conditions–aches and pains, insect bites, minor abrasions, burns and bruises, sinus and chest congestion, etc.
We are extensively trained in herbology, including herb-drug interactions; therefore, we are qualified to prescribe herbal formulas that are safe for you.
All of our herbal products are rigorously tested for purity and potency. All ingredients are ethically harvested, and we do not carry any products that include endangered or threatened species.